Surge Protection Services
Lightning Strike and Surge Consultation
Risk Appraisal: The scope includes a high-level evaluation of the sites structures, electrical systems and grounding. A comprehensive report will be generated providing the findings and recommendations.
Lightning Strike and/or Surge Protection Site Survey
The Site Survey includes all aspects of the Risk Appraisal but employs an engineering team to conduct the survey (1-2 staff depending on the scope of work and complexity of the site’s structural elements and electrical and grounding systems). It provides an in-depth, detailed and scientific evaluation of the site’s risks and requirements for protection. The client receives a formal report with findings and recommendations and an overall risk assessment, all based on IEC, IEEE and/or NFPA standards. Also included are site specific drawings, if appropriate, of recommended lightning protection designs and/or details of recommended surge protection devices (SPD) and the specific recommended installation location down to the cabinet or terminal.
Design & Installation Evaluation
D&I Evaluation: With its concentration on installation, the goal of the D&I Evaluation is to produce detailed engineering drawings and installation work-packs based on the system’s specifications and the unique site requirements. The evaluation is performed by an engineer and is typically conducted after the purchase of the recommended solutions package. However, the evaluation can be performed in conjunction with the Site Survey if desired by the client.
Installation Supervision and Services
LMC provides two options: Turn-Key installation services or Installation Supervision.
- Turn-Key installation includes all supervision, labor and equipment required to execute the installation. Installation Supervision includes training and on-site supervision of contractors hired by the customer. LMC will provide a detailed proposal including costs for staff and equipment, travel, and related expenses
- Turn-Key availability may be dependent on the scope of work and the size, complexity and location of the site.
Direct Strike and Surge Protection System Recertification
Periodic inspection and recertification is recommended to maintain the reliability and operational characteristics of the installed system(s). This is particularly important in marine and harsh-weather environments where conditions may degrade the systems over time.
- Inspection of the LMC lightning protection system
- Inspection of the grounding and bonding connections included in the system installation
- Inspection of surge suppressors for proper operation
- A system evaluation regarding any new construction
- Minor repairs, if needed
- A report detailing the findings, any corrective measures taken an
recommendations for further remediation, if any.