Grounding Testing Services
Ground Systems Design and Testing Services
LMC’s Ground Systems Design and Testing Services, utilizing either SmartGround™ or CDEGS™ systems, can be used in design, diagnostic testing and/or as a confirmation process. Both systems employ computer based electro-geometric modeling of the facility and can identify what is needed as well confirm what is or is not present in the site’s grounding system. Both systems are highly advanced, comprehensive in their scope and share many of the same features and analysis capabilities. Depending on what part of the world the site is located, one may be more readily deployable than the other.
Cost for both systems is based on the scope of work and time required. Time required is directly related to the site size and complexity and location. A proposal will be provided for client approval prior to conducting the testing.
Smart Ground™ Testing is a computer aided ground system design and test program that provides complete and accurate results with little to no need for additional analysis. Unlike traditional test methodologies there is no need to de-energize and isolate the ground system under test. The system is high powered and has the capability to identify and remove background noise, EMI/RFI and stray currents from test results.
Smart Ground™ capabilities include (not all items required on each job):
- Ground System Impedance Measurement
- Soil Resistivity – With multi-layer
- Low Impedance/Continuity Measurement
- Tower Ground Resistance
- Step/Touch Voltage Measurement
- Ground Mat Impedance
- Transfer Voltage Measurement
- Oscilloscope Function
- Fall of Potential Method Measurement
CDEGS = Current Distribution, Electromagnetic Fields, Grounding and Soil Structure Analysis. CDEGS is a high frequency software based system which allows us to assess fault current distribution, undertake earth potential rise mapping, AC interference studies and to model the effects of a lightning strike to a structure, piece of equipment, tank or substation.
CDEGS Capabilities include (not all items required on each job):
- Soil resistivity analysis and soil structure interpretation.
- Grounding analysis: arbitrary soil structures; any frequency & transients.
- Line constants for overhead and buried conductors or complex pipeenclosed cable arrangements.
- Load, fault & transient current distribution (in neutrals, shields, etc.).
- Cathodic protection analysis of complex buried networks.
- Inductive, conductive and capacitive interference in shared corridors.
- Frequency and time domain analysis of electromagnetic fields generated by arbitrarily energized conductor networks (substations, transmission & distribution lines, industrial plants, etc.).