The Giant AwakensIt's been too quiet for too long in South Texas. The Eagle Ford and its world-class reservoir rock has been beset by the same economic challenges as other unconventional markets. But consensus says the bottom is behind us and recovery is ahead. Well costs have dropped below $6 million, and operators are high-grading wells, exploring EOR, increasing well intensity and lateral lengths, and adding Austin Chalk targets. This resurgence in activity is a welcome sign for a beleaguered market. As floodwaters recede, the region, and the oil and gas industry, anticipate sunnier days ahead.
- For landmen and oil and gas producers, the DUG program agenda offers ideas and feedback from peers about what's working and what lies ahead for gas, tight oil and NGLs from unconventional reservoirs.
- For finance professionals and investors, the DUG experience combines data-rich presentations from key executives and informative encounters with technology providers on the exhibit floor.
- For upstream service companies, DUG venues offer market intelligence and numerous opportunities for face-to-face access to executives and operations managers, alliance partners and regional suppliers.
- For pipeline operators and midstream service providers, DUG presentations offer a comprehensive view at business opportunities, with insight to where gathering, treatment and storage capacity is needed.
- For regulators, policy-makers, attorneys and other professionals, a DUG environment, from exhibits to the audience, provides unparalleled means to ask questions and "take the pulse" of industry experts.